Thursday, June 28, 2012

Start Today

Hi, my name is Krysten and I'm a writer.

I was inspired to create a blog that chronicles my journey as a young Christian wife and mother. This is by no means my first weblog. I started writing professionally as a freelance journalist when I was 18 years old and blogged (before the term was coined) many years prior to that. I probably learned to write before I learned to read!

After getting married and having my daughter, I took a long hiatus. Becoming a wife and mother within a matter of one year was definitely a transformative period! The priorities I placed on my values and morals changed, I matured, and I had a lot less time on my hands -- new moms will co-sign.

Since evolving, I've been itching to start writing again. Months went by and I couldn't seem to get started. Influences all around me have helped me to get past this and I believe I have found my purpose again. I've decided to Start Today.

Today's inspiration came from a women's devotional I read that discusses having the confidence to go forward. How appropriate for my very first post?

There are times when I have allowed myself to get caught up in the "I'm too old" mindset. I know some of you are reading this and thinking to yourself that I'm crazy because I'm only in my mid-twenties. However, when I reflect on the past I feel as though I have wasted some of the "best" years of my life doing nothing (these "wasted" years come in the form of toxic relationships and procrastination to finish college).

As I continue to build my relationship with God, I am reminded that confident, God-fearing Christians look at what they have, not what they have lost. Instead of feeling bad for what opportunities I missed out on, I think about what I can accomplish with the time I have left (*cues commencement ceremony music*). 

My daughter is a beautiful blessing and a living reminder that God has called me to do something amazing with my life and that nothing can stop me. As her mother, I have developed both personally and spiritually, allowing the grace of God to function in me as a parent. Every day is a new day, and because of that, I am excited about what He has in store for me to accomplish.

I'm going to start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment